Ear 0.5 Beta is online and available on Android Market!
The new version
- is fully functional with Android firmware 1.5 (“cupcake”)
- comes with Chinese language support
We are currently working towards exciting new features. Stay tuned…
A new version of ear is now available in the Android Market. Ear 0.3 Beta fixed a bug and added a couple of new features.
Bug fix: Saving profile bug
* Some users complained that they could not save their profiles any more. We fixed the bug that apparently was caused by the new Android 1.1 platform.
New features: Create settings profiles
Besides ringtones, ear now enables users to specify profiles with settings such as
* Airplane mode
We are working on a bunch of new features. Let us know what you would like to see included🙂
|Yesterday we launched ear – easy ringtone profiles and already received massive response from G1 users who tried it out. First of all, we would like to thank all users for their positive feedback (on average 4 stars out of 5) and also for the suggestions with regard to new features.
ear version 0.1 (Beta) enables users to:
We are working on a bunch of cool, new stuff and would like to know:
Which features do you want to see next?
- phone switches between profiles automatically according to a pre-defined geographic location (outdoor)
- phone switches between profiles automatically according to a pre-defined indoor location (inside a building)
- phone turns up ringtone volume if it is noisy outside (on a street, in a disco)
- something else? Please leave a comment🙂
Today we launched ear version 0.1 (Beta) for Google’s G1 phone. After extensive testing, we uploaded the apk package to the Android Market. ear is available for free in the “Tools” category of Android Market.
In the current version the Android mobile phone application ear enables users to:
- create ringtone and notifications profiles
- view the active profile in the taskbar, and
- easily switch profiles
Future versions of ear will include location-awareness both outdoor and indoor. Knowing a user’s geographic location, ear automatically switches the ring tone profile. Other information, such as time and caller, can also be used to define profile activation rules. E.g. ear automatically turns the mobile phone to silent mode as soon as the user walks into a pre-defined silent area, such as a library building or conference room.
Currently supported languages are: English, German, Italian, and French
Our Android application “ear” (environment aware ring tones) is about to launch next week. Here are some first impressions…
Android G1 überrascht positiv:
Today Abraham and I spent the whole afternoon trying out the WLAN scanner that Dominik programmed for our fancy new G1 phone. We gathered massive amounts of logged data. Impressions…